A Resource for the Re-entry Population of Greater Worcester



Assumption College – Continuing and Career Education

500 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609
(508) 767-7364
Services: Offers a wide range of bachelor’s and associate degrees. Also has a number of certificate and non-credit programs. Financial aid is available.

Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School

57 Old Muggett Hill Road, Charlton, MA 01507
(508) 248-5971, ext. 1714 or ext. 1715
Services: Adult evening classes in everything from trade licensing to personal nance.

Bay State Community Services

1120 Hancock St, Quincy, MA 02169

36 Cordage Park Cir # 305, Plymouth, MA 02360

(617) 471-8400

Services/Programs: A New Way Recovery Center, Beal Street Residential, Billings Human Services, Center for Community Counseling and Education, Dianne DeVanna Center, Granite House Residential, Hospital Emergency Action Recovery Coach Team (HEART), Impact Quincy, Plymouth STARR Residential, Quincy Family Resource Center, and Survival STARR Residential.

Becker College – Weller Academic Center

61 Sever Street, Worcester, MA 01609
(508) 373-9500
Services: Bachelor’s and associate degrees. Certi cate courses o ered. Accelerated and professional studies are available.

Payments: Financial aid is available.

Beverly Bootstraps Community Services Inc.

35 Park St, Beverly, MA 01915

(978) 927 – 1561

Services: rent and mortgage payment assistance, Debt Reduction/Budget Counseling, Financial Management Workshops, Benefits Assistance, and Landlord Tenant Assistance mediation and advice. Coordinators for this program also assist residents in variety of ways, including applying for government programs such as DTA and Food Stamp benefits online, accessing local programs such as fuel and heating oil assistance, or provide help with an eviction. There is also support for people with a notice to quit or court summons, rent or mortgage arrearages, financial literacy classes, individual budget review, and completing public housing applications.

Community Service Agency

3057 Acushnet Avenue New Bedford, MA 02745

(508) 990-0894

Services: facilitate access to, and ensure coordination of, care for youth with serious emotional disturbance (SED) who require or are already utilizing multiple services or are involved with multiple child-serving systems (e.g., child welfare, special education, juvenile justice, mental health) and their families.

Family and Community Resources, Inc.

18 Newton Street, Brockton MA 02301


Services: advocacy, support, individual and group treatment, case management and community education and training.

Federal Supplement Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)



Framingham State University, Office of Continuing Education
Dwight Hall 204, 100 State Street, Framingham, MA 01701 (508) 626-4603

Website: https://www.framingham.edu/academics/continuing-education/

Part-time degrees and certificates, professional development and workforce education, English language program etc.

GLCAC, or the Greater Lawrence Community Action

305 Essex St, Lawrence, MA 01840

(978) 681-4900

Services: mostly provides referrals. Qualified low income families can get support for their basic needs from government benefits such as WIC or the Head Start services. There are also programs focused on energy bills and heating expenses. These are funded by the state of Massachusetts and federal government grants, and can be called upon for either energy conservation or to pay delinquent utility bills.

Other resources include Project SENIOR or child care vouchers. Case managers can offer referrals to food stamps, disability, and similar benefits too. Resources are for families in Methuen, Lawrence, and Andover only. More Greater Lawrence Community Action Council.

Map Academy

11 Resnik Road Plymouth, MA 02360


Services: a new public charter school located in Plymouth, designed to provide a free option to students that want or need something different than the traditional high school.


454 Broadway, STE.200, Revere, MA 02151

(617) 391-6070


Mount Wachusett Community College – Regional Adult Education Center
444 Green Street, Gardner, MA 01440
(978) 632-6600

Pell Grants



Quinsigamond Community College

670 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606
(508) 853-2300
Services: Community college. Job training courses o ered. Financial aid available.

Worcester Public Schools Night Life

Locations vary
(508) 799-3090
Website: http://www.nightlifeworcester.org/

Services: The Night Life program offers a wide array of classes, in everything from business to recreation. Job training and vocational skills classes are available. Online classes are available. The program also operates an adult learning center at 24 Chatham Street that specializes in adult literacy, ESL, and GED classes.

Worcester State University

486 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA 01602
(508) 929-8000
Services: Graduate and continuing education programs, special institutes for business and teaching. ESL and adult literacy classes o ered. Online classes are available.

Financial Aid for Education

To apply for student financial aid, start by filling out the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA)

Pell Grants


Website: http://studentaid.ed.gov/contact#call
A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned
a bachelor’s or a professional degree. Certain eligibility limitations apply for former o enders.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Website: http://studentaid.ed.gov/contact#call

The FSEOG program is administered directly by the financial aid office at each participating school and is therefore called “campus-based” aid. Not all schools participate. Priority is given to students already receiving a Pell Grant.


Massachusetts Department of Higher Education-Office of Student Financial Assistance
454 Broadway, Suite 200, Revere, MA 02151
(617) 391-6070


The MASSGrant program provides need-based financial assistance to undergraduate students who reside in Massachusetts and who are enrolled in and pursuing a program of higher education in any approved public or independent college, university, school of nursing or any other approved institution furnishing a program of higher education.

Powered by WordPress | Designed by Elegant Themes