Community Compass at Open Sky
What does the Community Compass have to offer?
- Culturally inclusive Food and Nutrition supports to address immediate needs and build a foundation for long term food security.
- Education support to pursue high school equivalency, college classes, or vocational training.
- Employment services and skill training, to support access to job placement, internship programs, job training opportunities, volunteer work and career pathways.
- Housing supports, including housing assessments, housing searches, skill building and connection to resources.
- Assistance accessing Health Care and Addiction Treatment, both on-site and through referrals.
- Quiet Spaces with Technology, conducive to interviewing, studying, tutoring, partaking in online courses, researching resources and personal enrichment.
- Connections to Community Providers for additional services, supports and resources for you and your family.
- Space to connect with Justice Supports.
- Assistance with Setting Goals for personal and professional success.
- Assistance obtaining Identification Cards and other documents.
Who can access the Community Compass?
- The Community Compass will provide services to anyone with an incarceration history (Department of Corrections or House of Corrections) in Massachusetts, including those who were awaiting trial or a section 35 commitment at MASAC.
- The Community Compass provides a judgement-free environment, staffed by people with lived experience. You are a person first and we are here to help you move beyond limitations you may perceive due to your history.
- Services are free and no referral is needed.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am–5:00 pm
454 Grove St, Worcester, MA 01605